You know how that special “AHA!” moment hits you when you least expect it and seems to come from out of nowhere? That flash of brilliance that comes from somewhere deep in your creative center? We LOVE those moments, so much so that we’ve spent the last two years celebrating Ahh-mazing “AHA” Discoveries each month.
2016 was truly an Ahh-mazing year. We discovered a new species of octopod, were introduced to Elon Musk’s high-speed hyperloop, learned how dolphins sleep, and how a woman used green fingernail polish as a training aid for her brain to restore her visual color recognition.
We can’t wait to see what 2017 holds. Until then, here’s a list of all of our Ahh-mazing discoveries …
Past “AHA” Discoveries:
- February 2015:Designer Walter Herbst, hosted by BIZ941 Magazine – Practical Tool Ingenuity
- March 2015: Steven Nissen, hosted by NPR Radio– Science Busting on Dietary Cholesterol
- April 2015: Theoretical physicist and Nobel Prize winner Peter Higgs– Higgs Boson “God Particle.”
- May 2015: Electromagnetic sensor used on glaciers– SkyTEM
- June 2015: Watt-Ahh inventor, Rob Gourley– Polarized Water stabilizing low concentrations of hydrogen peroxide for two years.
- July 2015: Comet Lander Philae’s potential discovery of alien life
- August 2015: NASA’s discovery of a habitable zone in the universe (Earth 2.0)
- September 2015: The faulty FTO gene’s effect on the body’s ability to burn fat – MIT and Harvard University
- October 2015: Discovery of an 11,000-year-old woolly mammoth fossil– donation to University of Michigan
- November 2015: App on early detection of disease within and near eyes– Created by Bryan Shaw and Greg Hamerly
- December 2015: The Truth Behind Santa’s Flying Reindeer (maybe)
- January 2016: A New Chemical May Breakdown Accumulated Plaque Associated with Causing Alzheimer’s Disease– Korean Institute of Science and Technology
- February 2016: Researchers Discover a Link Between the Brain and the Immune System– University of Virginia
- March 2016: Marine Scientists Discover a New Species of Octopod– NOAA
- April 2016: Global Health and Nutrition Network Showcasing Innovative Ingredients and Solutions – Informat Exhibitions
- May 2016: Elon Musk’s High-Speed Hyperloop – Hyperloop One
- June 2016: Thomas Alva Edison’s Research on Rubber – Edison & Ford Winter Estates
- July 2016: Hippo Roller – Designed by Pettie Petzer and Johan Jonker
- August 2016: The Cassini-Huygens Saturn Mission – NASA
- September 2016: Watts of Love Global Illumination Project– WOL
- October 2016: Infinity Dreaming – Dolphins – Captain Victoria Impallomeni, Dancing Dolphin Spirit Charters, Key West, FL.
- November 2016:A Possible Link Between Energy Drinks and Liver Damage – University of Florida College of Medicine
- December 2016:A Seasonal Miracle – The Story of Green Fingernail Polish – Walter Campbell, Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
Do you have an Ahh-mazing “AHA” Discovery to share? Email email@example.com. This can be any idea or endeavor that may help others in their own revelation or better quality of life. Alternatively, want to nominate someone with special skills of creativity and innovation? Let us know.